Mural Removals During COVID-19 Pandemic: Violation of Freedom of Expression? Penghapusan Mural Selama Pandemi COVID-19: Pelanggaran Kebebasan Berekspresi?
- COVID-19 Pandemic,
- Decline in Economy,
- Government Criticism,
- Freedom of Expression
Copyright (c) 2023 Aulia Paramita, Rifqi Ridlo Phalevy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This COVID-19 pandemic has caused a decline in the community's economy, leading the government to issue policies that are deemed unsatisfactory by the people. As a result, it has spurred artists to create murals containing criticism of the government. However, the public perceives the government to be against criticism because they have removed murals, which is deemed to have violated local regulations and forgotten that everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This study aims to analyze the implementation of the Pasuruan City Regional Regulation No. 2 of 2017 Article 19 Letter a and assess the compatibility of the regulation with Law No. 39 of 1999 concerning Human Rights. The research method used is socio-legal method, and the results of this study indicate that the removal of murals was not based on human rights. Therefore, this study concludes that there should be a special treatment for murals with critical content.
1. COVID-19 pandemic has led to a decline in the community's economy, which has resulted in the government issuing unsatisfactory policies.
2. Murals have been created by artists to criticize the government, but the removal of these murals by the government has sparked public outrage.
3. The study found that the removal of murals violated human rights, and therefore, there should be a special treatment for murals with critical content.
- Prof.Dr.Irwansyah, Penelitian Hukum, Yogyakarta: Mitra buana Media, 2021.
- D. Primer, Rekapitulasi Pelanggaran Mencoret Dinding, 2022.
- A. Rahman, Pendidikan Kewarganegaraan Untuk Perguruan Tinggi, celebes media perkaa, 2017
- M. Achmad, Nadhiatul Ulama dan Penegakan Hak Asasi manusia di Indonesia, Religia, 2010- e-journal.iainpekalongan.acwa
- T. Haryanto, Pengaturan Tentang Ham berdasarkan UUD 1945,e-journal 2013-dinamikahukum.fh.unsoed.ac.id
- D. Luysky, Kebebasan Berekspresi di Era Demokrasi Clatan Hak Asasi manusia, semarang, 2018.
- N. Qamar, Hak Asasi Manusia Dalam Negara Hukum Demokrasi, Jakarta: Sinar Grafika, 2013.
- ELSAM, Buku Saku Kebebasan Berekspresi Di Internet, Jakarta Selatan, 2013.
- M. F. Rohman, “Hak Kebebasan Berpendapat Dalam Hubungannya Dengan Pencemaran Nama Baik Menurut KUHP PersPektif Teori Maqasid Shari'ah,” Tafaqquh : Jurnal Penelitian Dan kajian Keislaman , vol. 5, no. 2, 57, 2017. Peraturan Perundang-undangan
- Undang-Undang Dasar Tahun 1945
- UU No.39 Tahun 1999 Tentang HAM
- Perda Pasuruan No.2 Tahun 2017 tentang Ketertiban Umum dan Ketentraman Masyarakat Youtube:
- Najwa Shihab,2021 "Mural Kritik Dihapus, Siapa Panik?" Online
- https://media.neliti.com/id/publication/209949/kewenangan-antara-satpol-pp-dan-polri-dalam-menciptakan-ketertiban-umum-dan-ketentraman diakses pada tanggal 05 April 2019 pukul 11:17 WIB