Efforts to Imporove Students Reading Comprehension Skills During the Face to Face Learning Period are Limited Through the Speed Reading Method in Elementari School Upaya Meningkatkan Kemampuan Membaca Pemahaman Peserta Didik Pada Masa Pembelajaran Tatap Muka Secara Terbatas Melalui Metode Speed Reading di Sekolah Dasar
- Speed Reading,
- Reading Comprehension Ability
Copyright (c) 2022 Titah Azariska, Vevy Liansari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Lack of interest in reading in students can affect reading comprehension ability. Meanwhile, during the limited face-to-face learning period like today, students are required to be able to understand a reading quickly and precisely. The use of the speed reading method can help students find the main sentence in the reading they are reading. This study aims to: Knowing whether or not there is an influence on students in elementary schools. This study uses a quantitative experimental approach, with a research design using One Group Pretest – Posttest. The sample in this study was the fourth grade students of SDN Kalitengah II, totaling 21 students. Collecting data in this study used pre-test and post-test sheets in the form of description questions. In this study found the results of the analysis as follows. Before using the speed reading method (pre-test) the learning outcomes of students were categorized as very low with the percentage of results less than 60 80.96%, low 19.04%, medium 0% high 0%, very high 0%. After using the speed reading (post-test) method, very low 5.55%, low 0%, moderate 0%, high 77.78%, very high 16.67%. Based on the hypothesis test t Count 4.35 and t Table 1.725, then obtained tCount > tTable 4.35 > 1.725 then H0 is rejected and H1 is accepted. So that the speed reading method affects the reading ability of students.
- Tarigan, Menulis sebagai suatu keterampilan berbahasa, Bandung: CV Angkasa, 2013.
- Dalman, keterampilan membaca, jakarta: perindo persada, 2014.
- Tarigan, Membaca Sebagai Suatu Keterampilan Berbahasa, Bandung: Angkasa, 2008.
- M. Noer, "Speed Reading for Beginners Panduan Membaca Lebih Cepat, Lebih Cerdas, dan Pemahaman yang Lebih baik," Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Dasar, p. 20, 2012.
- Sugiyono, Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D, bandung: Alfabeta, 2017.
- Z. Arifin, "Evaluasi Pembelajaran (prinsip, teknik, dan prosedur)," Jurnal ilmiah pendidikan dasar, p. 118, 2016.
- Sugiyono, "Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D," Jurnal Pendidikan, p. 80, 2017.
- Sugiyono, Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D, Bandung: Alfabeta, 2017.
- Sugiyono, Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D, Bandung: Alfabeta, 2014.
- S. Somadyo, "Strategi dan Teknik Pembelajaran Membaca," Jurnal Ilmiah, p. 10, 2011.