Legal Ambiguity of the Able Requirement for a Husband to Practice Polygamy in Indonesia Ketidakjelasan Hukum tentang Persyaratan yang Mampu bagi Seorang Suami untuk Melakukan Poligami di Indonesia
- Normative Law,
- Guidelines for human behavior
Copyright (c) 2023 Fahmi Shahab, Moch Tanzil Multazam
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This study examines the meaning of "mampu" or "ability" in Article 5 Paragraph 1 letter (b) of Law No. 1/1974 on Marriage, which serves as a requirement for a husband to practice polygamy in Indonesia. Through a normative legal research method with a statutory approach, the study finds that "mampu" refers to the husband's ability to provide for the needs of his wives and children, including clothing, shelter, and food, based on his income and monthly expenses during his previous marriage. The research emphasizes that "mampu" is a prerequisite for husbands to practice polygamy, ensuring that they can fulfill the needs of all their wives and children while providing legal protection for their first wife and children.
- Study analyzes criteria for polygamy in Indonesia.
- Husband's ability to provide for family is a key factor.
- Legal research and deductive methods used for analysis.
- J. Asshiddiqie, "Gagasan Negara Hukum Indonesia," no. 1, 2002.
- A. Al-aziri, "Fiq Ala Madzahibil Arba’ah," Maktabah Tijriyah Kubro, 1969.
- Departemen Agama RI., "Kompilasi Hukum Islam Pasal 3."
- T.T. Tutik, "Pengantar Hukum Perdata di Indonesia," Prestasi Pustaka Publisher, 2006, pp. 124.
- I. Nirwana, "Syarat Yang Harus Dipenuhi Dalam Permohonan Izin Poligami Di Pengadilan Agama Samarinda Ditinjau Dari Undang-Undang Nomor 1 Tahun 1974 Tentang Perkawinan," J. Law, vol. 1, no. 1, 2019.
- W. Nuroniyah et al., "Persepsi Hakim Mengenai Adil Sebagai Syarat Permoohonan Izin Poligami Di Pengadilan Agama Kota Cirebon," J. Kajian Hukum Islam, vol. 3, no. 2, 2018.
- A. Asikin and H. Zainal, "Metode Penelitian Hukum," Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada, 2016.
- A. Muhammad, "Hukum dan Penelitian Hukum," Bandung: PT Citra Aditya Bakti, 2004.
- J. Prins, "Tentang Hukum Perkawinan di Indonesia," Ghalia Indonesia, Jakarta Timur, 1982, pp. 32.
- A. Trigyatno, "Poligami dan Pengaturannya di Beberapa Negeri Muslim," Available: https://fizali.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/poligami-di-bebrbagi-negara-muslim/. [Accessed: Aug. 1, 2021].