- problem solving ability,
- literature study
Copyright (c) 2022 Dwi Siska Putri Utami, Enik Setiyawati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of this study was to describe the results of a literature study on mathematical problem solving abilities in elementary schools. This research uses a qualitative descriptive study approach with the type of literature study research. This research is a literature study or library research that describes descriptively the mathematical problem solving abilities of students in elementary schools. The subjects of this study were elementary school students related to their ability to solve mathematical problems. The data sources for this research are secondary data obtained from scientific journals or articles related to the problems discussed. The data will be analyzed using descriptive analysis techniques. The results showed that students' mathematical problem solving abilities still tended to be low. Students have not achieved all of the problem solving indicators. The factors that influence students' mathematical problem solving abilities include prior knowledge, appreciation of mathematics, logical mathematical intelligence, experience, motivation, skills, self-confidence and teachers.
- S. Azriati, “Permasalahan Yang Sering Terjadi pada Siswa terletak pada Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Matematika,” J. Univ. Negeri Medan, 2017.
- F. Tiona, “Upaya Meningkatkan Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Matematika Siswa dengan penerapan Teori Vygotsky pada Materi Geometri,” Edumatica, vol. 03, 2013.
- E. & Surya, “Improving the Students’ Mathematical Problem Solving Ability by Applying Problem Based Learning Model,” Improv. Students’ Math. Probl. Solving Abil. by Appl. Probl. Based Learn. Model. (Medan Int. J. Nov. Ressearch Educ. Learn., vol. 4, no. pp, pp. 138–144, 2017.
- S. dan S. Mustafa, “The Analysis of Students’ Mathematical Problem Solving Ability on Quadrilateral Material,” IJARIIE, vol. 3, 2017.
- Velthorst, “The Impact of Prior Attitudes and Prior Knowledge on The Problem Formulation Stage of Information Problem Solving,” Open Univ. Netherl., p. 9, 2015.
- Graven, “Strengthening Maths Learning Dispositions Through ‘Math Clubs,’” South African J. Child. Educ., vol. 5 (3), pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Ashcraft, “Math Anxiety: Personal, Education, and Cognitive Consequences,” Curr. Dir. Psychol. Sci., vol. 11 (5), pp. 181–185, 2012.