- Hybrid Vehicles,
- Internal Combustion Engine,
- Electric Motor,
- Emission Reduction,
- Fuel Efficiency
Copyright (c) 2023 Gayrat Mukhamadiev
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This study examines the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid vehicles, focusing on their capacity to mitigate harmful emissions and improve fuel efficiency. It discusses the operating principles of internal combustion engines, electric motors, inverters, and batteries used in hybrid vehicles, illustrating their key roles in improving environmental sustainability. The research analyses three power device interconnection schemes: series, mixed, and parallel, exemplified by Chevrolet Volt and Honda models respectively. The results indicate that despite high upfront costs, hybrid vehicles significantly reduce harmful emissions and fuel consumption, particularly in urban driving conditions. Furthermore, their positive environmental impact and fuel economy potentially position hybrid vehicles as future market dominants. The study highlights the importance of hybrid vehicles in mitigating climate change and calls for continued advancements and global investment in this promising technology.
- Hybrid vehicles significantly reduce harmful emissions and improve fuel efficiency, particularly beneficial in urban environments.
- Three power device interconnection schemes (series, mixed, and parallel) dictate the operational characteristics and efficiency of hybrid vehicles.
- Despite the initial high investment, the long-term benefits of hybrid vehicles such as lower fuel consumption and environmental impact could make them a dominant player in the future automotive market.
Keywords: Hybrid Vehicles, Internal Combustion Engine, Electric Motor, Emission Reduction, Fuel Efficiency.
- A. A. Mitaishvili, "Ekonomicheskie Problemy Razvitiya Transporta," Transport, Moscow, 1982.
- V. Rakov, "Hybrid Car," LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012.
- O. P. Bajinov and S. A. Smirnov, "Hybrid Car XNADU," 2008.
- Ju. Fedotova, "Hybrid Cars: Present and Future," Ajmpress, 2005, no. 5 (49), pp. 23–27.
- G. Becerra, L. Alvares-Icaza, I. Flores De La Mota, and J. L. Mendoza-Soto, "Simulation and Optimization Applied to Power Flow in Hybrid Vehicles," in Applied Simulation and Optimization, Springer, Cham, 2017.
- J. Hellgren and E. Jonasson, "Maximisation of Brake Energy Regeneration in a Hybrid-Electric Parallel Car," International Journal of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, vol. 1, no. 1, 2007, pp. 95–121.
- D-H. Kim, J-M. Kim, and S-H. Hwang, "Optimal Brake Torque Distribution for Wheel Drive Hybrid Electric Vehicle Stability Enhancement," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 221, 2007, pp. 1357–1366.
- M. A. Masrur and V. K. Gard, "Hybrid Electric and Hydraulic Technology Applications in Off-road Vehicles," in Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology, Springer, New York, 2012.
- "What is a Hybrid Car?" o2.edu.vn. Available: https://o2.edu.vn/what-is-a-hybrid-car/. [Accessed: 11-Mar-2022].
- D. Eiranova, "Types of Motors Used in Hybrid Cars," itstillruns.com. Available: https://itstillruns.com/types-motors-used-hybrid-cars-5583523.html.
- Pro Auto, "Varieties of Hybrid Cars. How do They Work and How do They Differ from Each Other," dzen.ru. Available: https://dzen.ru/a/XqSouD7Lex6m6mix.
- "Hybrid Electric Vehicles in the US," Wikipedia. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_electric_vehicles_in_the_US.
- N. K. Sobirzhonovich, "About the Operating Principles of Hybrid Engines," sci-article.ru. Available: https://sci-article.ru/stat.php?i=1506501636. [Published: Sep-2017. Last edited: 07-Oct-2017].
- "Chto Takoe Gibridnyy Avtomobil? Kak On Rabotaet, Preimuschestva I Nedostatki," auto.rambler.ru. Available: https://auto.rambler.ru/navigator/42693429-chto-takoe-gibridnyy-avtomobil-kak-on-rabotaet-preimuschestva-i-nedostatki.