- natural monopolies,
- Energy sector
Copyright (c) 2023 Samiev Shakhrukh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This scientific article examines the recent reforms in the energy sector and their outcomes, persistent issues in the electricity generation and transmission network due to natural monopolies, regulatory and managerial challenges, and provides suggestions for addressing them. The study's objectives were to analyze the effects of the energy sector reforms, identify the existing issues, and propose solutions to mitigate them. The research methodology utilized qualitative analysis of literature and data gathered from various sources. The results show that the reforms have led to an increase in competition and investment, but natural monopolies still hinder the electricity market's functioning. The regulatory and management challenges identified include inadequate regulatory frameworks, lack of transparency, and ineffective supervision of the industry. The implications of this study are that policymakers need to focus on promoting competition and market-driven mechanisms, implementing effective regulations, and enhancing transparency and accountability in the management of the energy sector.
- This article examines energy sector reforms and identifies issues related to natural monopolies.
- Recommendations include promoting competition, effective regulations, and transparency.
- The reforms have increased competition, but regulatory and management challenges remain.
- M. S. Saidov, "Ways to use foreign experience in the management of the electric power sector," Economy and Education, no. 6, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9515153.
- N. Q. Yoldoshev, M. S. Saidov, and Sh. F. Samiev, "Opportunities for forming the electricity market in Uzbekistan: SWOT analysis," Economy and Education, vol. 1, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://cedr.tsue.uz/index.php/journal/article/view/348/390.
- M. S. Saidov, "Problems in the management of the electric power network and ways to overcome them," Economics and Innovative Technologies, vol. 1, no. 00063, pp. 195-228, Jan-Feb. 2023. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9831065.
- M. S. Saidov, "Ways of Introduction of Modern Management Mechanisms in the Electric Power Sector of Uzbekistan," International Journal of Business Diplomacy and Economy, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 98-110, Jan. 2023. [Online]. Available: https://inter-publishing.com/index.php/ijbde/article/view/977/843.
- N. Yusupova, "Reforming the electric power industry," Bozor, Pool for Credit, no. 2, pp. 44-48, 2008. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9515153.
- L. Sokolova et al., "Economic aspects of regulating the water and energy balance of the Syrdarya River," Energy and Resource Saving, no. 1, pp. 131-138, 2005. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9547319.
- A. Nuriddinova, "Organization of innovation activities in the electric power industry of Uzbekistan," in Proceedings of the Conference of the VII International Forum "High technologies of the XXI century", 2006, pp. 351-352. [Online]. Available: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9537488.
- M. S. Saidov, "Renewable Energy Sources and Ways of their Implementation in the Republic of Uzbekistan," International Journal on Economics, Finance and Sustainable Development, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 38-52, Jan. 2023. [Online]. Available: https://journals.researchparks.org/index.php/IJEFSD/article/view/3879/3668.
- M. S. Saidov, "Improving Management Efficiency at Oil and Gas Industry Enterprises in Uzbekistan," Academic Journal of Digital Economics and Stability, vol. 25, pp. 15-24, Jan. 2023. [Online]. Available: https://economics.academicjournal.io/index.php/economics/article/view/622/620.
- M. S. Saidov, "Ways to Ensure Energy Security in Uzbekistan," Middle European Scientific Bulletin, vol. 21, pp. 183-195, Feb. 2022. [Online]. Available: https://cejsr.academicjournal.io/index.php/journal/article/view/1062/977.
- N. K. Yuldashev and M. S. Saidov, "The Economy of the Countries of the World is Experiencing the Need for Nuclear Power Plants," American Journal of Economics and Business Management, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1-8, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://globalresearchnetwork.us/index.php/ajebm/article/view/1890/1718.
- M. S. Saidov and B. Bobamuradov, "Improving Government Regulation of Corporate Governance," American Journal of Economics and Business Management, vol. 6, no. 1, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://globalresearchnetwork.us/index.php/ajebm/article/view/1890/1718.
- UNDP/Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, "Towards Sustainable Energy: A Strategy for Low Emission Development in the Republic of Uzbekistan," Tashkent, 2015. [Online]. Available: https://www.uz.undp.org/content/uzbekistan/ru/home/library/environment_energy/towards-sustainable-energy--a-strategy-for-low-emission-developm.html.
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, "Information on the Concept for Ensuring the Republic of Uzbekistan with Electric Power for 2020-2030," n.d. [Online]. Available: https://minenergy.uz/uz/lists/view/28.